Thursday, June 8, 2017

Welcome to my adventure!


Hello Followers!

I have an incredible opportunity working as a second grade teacher with students from all over the world.  As a teacher of many new arrivals to this country, I have the opportunity to influence their first impressions. My hope is to motivate them to learn, grow, and to become productive members of our community.   I am privileged to work with many families who have sacrificed greatly to come to the United States seeking a better life for their children. 
 
In order to communicate more effectively with my Hispanic students and families, I will attend the Common Ground International Spanish Immersion Program in Nicaragua and Costa Rica to acquire Spanish language skills and deepen my understanding of Hispanic culture. I will participate in community service projects to develop skills to empower impoverished families through service to others.
I am eager to grow as a professional and bring my new skills to the classroom so that I may better serve all of my students and families.

Please stay tuned to follow my adventures :)
Thank you,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment