Monday, June 26, 2017

Adventure

This morning I got up at 5:15 to join other group members to exercise. We walked to the park on the shore of Lake Nicaragua and ran/walked for a few miles. It is so hot here that you must get up early to survive exercising! Anyway, I enjoyed the experience even though I hadn't slept well because I was so fearful that I'd oversleep.  Then comes the adventure....when I returned to my house at 6:40, I was locked out! Here, all the houses have double locked doors. There is a main door and a barred door for security. I was locked out of both and had no key!! Fortunately, I was able to wait across the street at another group member's house until I spotted my host dad.  Thankfully, everybody has a good sense of humor!  Just another Nicaraguan adventure....still smiling 😬💪
Now the real work begins as I start Spanish classes today and begin the volunteer work tomorrow.  Hasta luego!

#FFTFellow

No comments:

Post a Comment