Monday, June 19, 2017

(Backup) One week Countdown to Departure

Now that most of my end of school year paperwork is done, I can breathe and start packing!  I have been cramming Spanish exposure over the past few weeks, hoping to get a jumpstart. Pimsler Spanish 1 is a constant in the car. I have been doing Duolingo lessons,reading an online textbook, and watching Spanish TV.  I also signed up for some private tutoring.  After my first hour and a half tutoring session, I thought "What have I done? What have I gotten myself into? I can barely keep English words in my brain these days, let alone Spanish...".   I turned off the computer and started crying!  I realized just how far I have to go.  

The thing is- I am expected to start teaching groups in Spanish within 3 days of my arrival.  Crazy, huh?!  Anyway, I have calmed down and made an important decision.  I will make the most out of this experience no matter how challenging it may be. I will give my best effort no matter how inadequate I may feel.  I am just going to laugh at myself and rely on my talents with body language and drama.  I know that I will not be alone in this.  I will be with others on the program and have many at home showering me with support and prayers. God is always with me. For that, I am so grateful.

Over the past few days, I have received hundreds of dollars of donations for my GoFundMe campaign to support House of Hope Nicaragua.  I am amazed by the generosity of people near and far.  I have been trying to figure out how to add videos so you can see what I will be doing. Unfortunately, I have run into technical difficulties.  Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment