Saturday, July 1, 2017

World of Experiences in a Week

Hard to believe it has been a week already since I arrived in Nicaragua.  Hard to believe it has only been a week since I arrived in Nicaragua.  In many ways the time has flown by and in others it has been so packed that I cannot fathom that only seven days have passed.  The volunteer experiences, the host family time, the Spanish lessons, and the exploration of the area have filled my brain and heart to overflowing.  I am learning so much! The lessons most certainly have not been limited to the Spanish classes.  I have seen the horror of human indecency and experienced the expanse of human kindness. I have seen the beauty in history and the grime smeared all over the present.  I have witnessed the poor in the city and countryside.  I have also glimpsed the life of the rich and famous. Now, I am enjoying some time away at the beach (La Playa Gigante) to rest and reflect on it all.  It has been a whirlwind of contrasts: life here and at home, the difference in power between men and women, the daily living between those who have and those who do not.  One day at a time, one week at a time, un poco a un poco- I am growing and transforming.  So thankful for this opportunity and all that it brings #FFTFund




1 comment:

  1. Amy,
    I hope you are well. Your journey to date sounds both heart-wrenching and inspiring. Your photos are beautiful. Your blog is so reflective. Wishing you safe travels. Don't forget to eat!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete